Easy Slider Recipe - Lettuce Wrap Mini Burgers
Need a quick and healthy meal? How does an easy slider recipe sound!
We have several nights a week when we just need a simple meal that doesn't take too long to make.
We try not to eat out too much, especially fast food. Yes, it's convenient when you're on the go. But financially it add up quick if you're eating out with a family several times a week.
More importantly, though, it can be hard to find healthy options when you're out. You never know what ingredients have been added to your food.
Here's a great healthy sliders meal that's also quick and filling.
Healthy Sliders: Bacon and Mushroom
- 1 lb. ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. white onion, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper for taste
- Olive oil or coconut oil for pan
- 4 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese (can use swiss or another cheese instead)
- 3 strips of bacon, cut into thirds and cooked
- Large lettuce leaves (preferably organic)
Directions For Cooking These Healthy Mini Burgers
- Preheat oven to high broiler.
- Combine and mix beef, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, garlic, onion, and salt/pepper in a bowl.
- Divide into 8 patties. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet on the stove. Cook mushrooms until slightly brown, about 5-6 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat.
- Transfer patties to oiled skillet and brown on each side for 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from stove heat. Top each slider with mushrooms and cheese. Put the skillet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add piece of cooked bacon on each slider and then serve on lettuce.
(Non-toxic cookware recommended)
Easy Sliders Are The Perfect Quick Meal
Packed with lots of protein, this meal is a perfect source of energy for when you need to eat quickly and keep moving.
It's also really delicious and healthy.
We hope you enjoy these Bacon and Mushroom Sliders!
Leave a comment if you have tried your own version of this easy slider recipe!
← Older Post Newer Post →