PF-2 fluoride filters are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water.
- Fluoride including Hydrofluorosilic Acid, Sodium Fluoride and Sodium Fluorosilicate
- Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
- Sold in a set of 2
- Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey® Purification Elements only
- Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey® Purification Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit
- Number of Berkey PF-2™ Elements in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey® Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey® Purification Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are covered under a six month warranty
When Should You Replace Your Filters?
Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons.
The Royal Berkey system is about 3.25 gallons therefore the PF-2 filters should be replaced after 1,000/3.25 or 307 refills.
I’ve found with my Berkey Light that they need to be replaced every six months.
If the system is refilled about one time per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced after 10 months, if the system is refilled about twice per day, the PF-2’s should be replaced about every five months).
Actual capacity is dependent on the presence of other competing contaminants in the source water. High levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
Installation Instructions For the Berkey PF-2 Fluoride Filters
Remove the upper chamber of whichever Berkey system you are using.
This will reveal the black stems sticking down from the black elements.
With the flow arrow on the PF-2’s pointing down, screw the elements onto the black stems for around five revolutions.
Screwing them more than five may damage the elements.
Next, replace the upper chamber onto the lower chamber and fill up your Berkey. Please allow for two fill-ups and discard the water to fully get rid of the dust.
*The PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters are made and assembled in the USA
Not yet available in Iowa