This is the KDF shower filter replacement to either go with your own shower head or the Berkey massage head.
The dual media KDF Shower Filter will typically last 25,000 gallons or one year whichever comes first.
The shower filter contains KDF 55 granules, which are most effective in removing or reducing chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, microorganisms, scale and water-soluble heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and iron.
KDF process media also kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of bacteria, algae, and fungi. As an added benefit, KDF media reduce lime scale, mold, and fungi in your shower.
KDF process media are completely safe so the process is not toxic and does not cause any adverse side effects.
- Effective for both hot and cold water
- Reduces up to 95% of chlorine
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapor inhalation
- Reduces 98% of water soluble heavy metals
- Contains bacteriostatic media (KDF-55)
- Reduces damage to hair and skin
- Eliminates foul tastes and odors
- Back Flush Attachment to prevent premature clogging
- Reduces lime, scale, mold and fungi in showers
Why Is Using a KDF Shower Filter Important?
Studies have shown that taking hot showers is actually a potential health risk because of the chlorine.
Chlorine vaporizes and is inhaled. It’s also absorbed into the skin. That’s why it’s important to be very careful when making a hot shower or bath for kids.
What does the study conclude? That there is potential for disease and serious illness.
Bottom line: Your health will be safeguarded while bathing with a Berkey chlorine shower filter.
Not yet available in Iowa